The Clio Cannabis Awards have announced the winners of the 2023 competition.
Launched in 2019, the Clio Cannabis Awards recognize creative work in the cannabis industry, build a greater understanding of the category, and highlight contributions from talent and agencies.
Kiva Confections received a Silver award for its integrated campaign “The Dream Team Tackles Sleep.” Through a variety of media, the campaign highlighted Kiva’s sleep-supporting products across its Camino, Terra, Petra and Kiva brands.
Kiva Confections also received a Silver award for its 'A Fat 420' collaboration with Fatburger. The companies offered limited-edition cannabis-infused ketchup in celebration of 4/20. Kiva also received a Bronze award for its Camino Sours Power Up integrated campaign.
“These accolades are a testament to our ongoing quest for creative excellence and innovation,” Kiva Confections posted on LinkedIn. “They also stand as a tribute to the dedication and hard work of so many individuals and teams who helped make this happen.”
Pamos Beverage Co. received Bronze awards for Brand Identity and Packaging, as well as in the Experience/Activation category for “Pamos Cannabis Cocktails Come to Life at The Farmers Market.” The brand would allow farmers market patrons to try uninfused versions of its THC beverages and then encourage them to place an order for delivery.
Wherehouse Beverage Company also received a Bronze award in the Brand Identity category for the brand design of its WYNK cannabis-infused seltzer.
Green Thumb Industries received a Bronze award in the Other category for “50 Shades of Grape: A Valentine's Day Cannabis Climax,” a digital effort supporting the incredibles 50 Shades of Grape gummies around Valentine’s Day. The company also was named to the Short List for the “50 Shades of Grape: A Valentine's Day Cannabis Climax” integrated campaign.
Cheeba Chews, as well as advertising agency Piggyback, received Bronze awards in the Copywriting and 61 Seconds to 5 Minutes categories for its video “Not a Real Doctor.” The ad highlights Cheeba Chews’ Joint Relief chews, which contain CBC, CBD and THC.
TSUMo Snacks received Bronze awards in the Partnerships/Collaborations category for Snazzle Os, its crispy onion ring collaboration with Snoop Dogg, and its Spicy Cheesy Ramen Curls, created in partnership with Chef Roy Choi. The Spicy Cheesy Ramen Curls also received a Bronze award in the Product/Service Innovation category. The Choi collaboration also was named to the Short List for Integrated Campaign.
Kosmik Brands also received a Bronze Award in the Social Good category for its collaboration with the HeroGrown Foundation. Its rocket pop-flavored gummies were packaged in pouches featuring a QR code that allowed consumers to donate to the HeroGrown Foundation, which provides cannabis products to veterans and first responders in need.
Several edibles brands appear on the Clio Cannabis Awards Short List, including:
- Verano, Brand Identity - Brand Design, BITS gummies
- Bain Street Beverages, Brand Identity - Brand Design, Louie Louie THC Seltzer
- Columbia Care, Brand Identity - Brand Design, Hedy Gummies
- Green Thumb Industries, Packaging - Brand Design, Beboe Gummies
- Flav, Cinematography - Film & Video Craft, Strawberry Gummy Belts
- High Fidelity, Good Taste Edibles, Hi-Pointe; Partnerships/Collaborations; French-Hi Sauce
- Show-Me Organics, Product/Service Innovation, Cannabis-Infused Coffee Pods
- Ace Valley, Integrated Campaign, Thrust and Lust Gummies
- MATTIO Communications, Brand Identity - Brand Design, TeaPot Seltzer
- Arrivals + Departures, Other - Brand Design, TeaPot Seltzer
- Arrivals + Departures, Other - Social Media, TeaPot Seltzer