R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company (RRD) has launched an offering for cannabis and CBD companies to help them meet evolving product life cycle needs, including product differentiation at retail, regulatory adherence, and supply chain continuity.
RRD’s offering is designed to help cannabis and CBD businesses keep pace with market demand and create meaningful product engagement with consumers at dispensaries and select CBD retailers. Initiated by a strategic discovery process, this specialized offer includes:
- End-to-end packaging solutions: Package engineering and structural design, folding carton, rigid box, and promotional corrugated manufacturing and labels
- Supply chain management: Best-in-class sourcing, kitting and fulfillment, warehousing, delivery
- In-store marketing expertise: Branding and positioning, signage, POP displays, localized installation support
- Expansive commercial print network: Production for product inserts, brochures and catalogs, coupons and gift cards, trade show collateral
- Deep category knowledge: Navigating the complexity of supply chain nuances by medicinal, recreational, and CBD products
- cGMP compliant facilities: Quality processes to ensure products remain safe, pure, and effective for intended use and to mitigate risk of errors which may result in a recall
CBD product manufacturer CV Sciences has already tapped RRD’s expertise and resources for continued retail success and growth.
“We needed to further educate the CBD consumer about our product offerings by maximizing our presence in the retail space,” said Montey Dunn, senior director of marketing, CV Sciences. “Increasing sales and brand awareness in the CBD industry, which is oversaturated and under-regulated, was key to our ongoing successes. From the structural design of the package to supply chain management, RRD’s experience in bringing a product to market quickly and effectively was evident. By partnering with RRD, we found the support we needed to grow multiple product lines, keep up with demand, and stand out as a premium product.”