Eaze, a cannabis delivery marketplace, has released its annual Eaze Insights State of Cannabis Report.
The 2022 report, “All About Equity: What Brands, Investors, And Regulators Need to Know About Cannabis Consumers and Social Equity Brands,” looks at aggregate consumer trends driving the world’s largest cannabis markets. Released in conjunction with Eaze’s celebration of Black History Month, the report shows significant consumer interest in cannabis brands produced by social equity licensees.
The report aggregates Eaze’s proprietary data to illustrate the behavior of the over 380,000 consumers who purchased via the platform in 2021. With eight million legal deliveries completed to date, Eaze can offer insights uncovering patterns that can be generalized to markets nationally and globally.
Key findings include:
- Consumer support for social equity brands is growing. Eaze saw an 89% increase in first-time social equity customers year-over-year 2020-2021.
- The dollar value of social equity brands is skyrocketing. Eaze saw a 72% YOY increase between 2020 and 2021 in dollar value of goods sold.
- Brands are diverse — and so are their customers. Social equity products gained significantly in popularity across a diversity of geographies, politics, and incomes.
- Generation TikTok is the biggest buyer. Gen Z and young Millennials account for the biggest share of social equity purchases.
“The proof is in the numbers,” said Darius Kemp, Eaze’s director of diversity and inclusion. “Cannabis consumers are incredibly enthusiastic about social equity brands, and at Eaze we’re proud to make them available through our social equity menu and partners program. We’ve developed a real, working, and sustainable program to give consumers what they want while also elevating brands owned by entrepreneurs hurt by the War on Drugs.”
Eaze also identified two breakout strains of 2021:
- Wedding Cake: A hybrid known for its calming effects on the body and mind
- Original Glue (formerly known as Gorilla Glue): A hybrid strain that is known to deliver a strong dose of relaxation
The company also ranked the top-selling edibles categories in 2021:
- Soft Sweets
- Hard Sweets
- Oral Strips
Eaze’s 2022 State of Cannabis report also includes other market insights, including deep dives into concentrate popularity and potency and overall sales and product preferences by age, location, and gender.
Want more legal cannabis market news and information?
Join Cannabis Products on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn today!
Report Abusive Comment